From the renowned yard of Contest Conyplex in Holland, the Contest 35 is well built, with an innovative design. Having spent most of her life on Lake Michigan, "Serenity" is in excellent condition. Her roomy and functional interior provides the space of a much larger vessel.
Besides providing comfortable accommodations, this boat will sail well, too. Quality construction techniques are used throughout. Serenity has stainless steel tanks, and all her furniture and bulkheads are glassed and tabbed in place.
The interior is gorgeous and clean. The bilge is also clean. There's a newer Volvo engine, upgraded Halsey Lidgard Sails, a Wave-Stopper Rigid dodger, and more. All the systems are tidy on "Serenity".
This yacht provides excellent quality and ample space, at an affordable price. Indeed, this is a very rare boat to have here, on the West Coast. Not so in Europe, where the Contest 35 is popular, and proven.
- Price: $49,500
- Model Year:1981
- Boat Ref: 7023594
- Boat Name: Serenity
- Boat Class: Sloop
- Location: Blaine WA, United States
- Broker: Michael Locatell CPYB
- Broker Email: email@example.com
- Broker Phone: 206-459-0880 cell
- Broker Fax: (206) 301-9291
Broker InformationPlease contact me for more information on this yacht at 206-459-0880 cell or text, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Contact Information
For more information on this yacht contact central listing Agent, Michael J Locatell CPYB at 206-459-0880 cell & text or e-mail email@example.com
- Builder: Contest Conyplex
- Designer: Dick Zael
- Construction: GRP
- Length: 35 ft
- Beam: 11' 8"
- Displacement: 15180 lbs
- Max Draft:5' 5"
- Ballast: 6944 lbs
- Number of Engines: 1
- Engine(s) Make: Volvo
- Engine Model: MD2040B
- Engine Year: 2009
- Engine Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Hours: 0
- Fuel: 1 x 21 gallons
- Water: 1 x 68 gallons
High gloss varnished teak interior with teak and holly sole throughout. "Serenity" sleeps seven, with four in two private cabins and three in main salon. In each cabin she has fans. As well as, dome and reading lights in each cabin. All berths are fitted with lee boards. Excellent storage and access to all spaces.
Forward is a v-berth with infill and storage underneath. Next aft, is the head and shower, with a hanging locker and shelves for storage.
The settee is to port, with storage outboard and bottle shelf above. The "L" shaped dinette converts to a double berth. The drop leaf centerline table seats seven. The galley is to starboard. There's a forward facing navigation station with a large chart table and a chart drawer to port.
With standing head room, the aft cabin has space for dressing behind a closed door. It includes a mirror, sink, and lockers. The bunk measures 6'-6" long by 6'-4" wide with divided mattress and adjustable lee boards. This boat is capable of serious cruising.
- Hot and Cold pressure water
- Double stainless steel sink
- Excellent storage
- Force 10 Stainless two burner propane stove and oven
- 12V Norcold refrigeration
- Raymarine RL70C Chart plotter
- Autohelm 4000 autopilot
- Ship's clock & barometer
- Ritchie binnacle compass
- Datamarine log, speed, depth, wind, and close hauled sailing instruments
- Icom IC-M602 VHF radio
- Icom Power Mike for cockpit
- VDO analog DC amps and volts, and fuel level gages
- 12V DC switch/fuse panel
- 120V AC breaker panel by Blue Seas
- (3) Group 27 batteries
- Isolation switch
- Battery saver 15A two step charger
- Shore power cord
Sails and Rigging
This boat will be easy and a joy to sail as all lines from the mast are led aft to self-tailing winches and stoppers. Sail controls are well designed and laid out for efficient handling. Single spreader aluminum mast by Selden. Fractional rig.
- Newer Main by Halsey Lidgard with Slab Reefing
- Newer Genoa by Halsey Lidgard with foam luff
- Furles roller furling headstay
- 6:1 mainsheet with ratchet block and cam cleat
- Adjustable traveller mounted on bridgedeck
- 36:1 adjustable backstay
- 4:1 boom vang
- Harken 40ST halyard winch
- Harken 16ST reefing winch
- (2) Harken 40ST primary winches
- Canvas line organizer bags
Very uncluttered deck with small coachroof. Teak grabrails on coachroof, molded in non-skid. Ample storage in bow locker and three cockpit lockers.
- 33# Bruce anchor with 35' of 5/16" chain and line rode
- 20# danforth spare anchor with rode
- 8' Avon Redcrest dinghy with oars
- Wavestopper Rigid dodger
- Stainless steel fixed/folding swim ladder on transom
- Bow pulpit and stern pushpit
- Double lifelines and stainless stanchions
- Radar reflector on backstay
- (2) opening hatches
Mechanical and electrical systems are in excellent condition and well designed. Newer Volvo engine with low hours and a newer engine control panel; newer Whitlock mecanical steering system and pedestal with elk hide covered destroyer wheel.
- Manual oil change pump
- PSS dripless shaft seal
- 6 gallon engine/AC hotwater heater
- Holding tank with deck pumpout
- 10# propane tank
- Shurflo 1500 automatic bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- Emergency tiller
- Webasto forced air diesel heater
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.